back to book
- Nahj al-Balagha, with comments by Muhammad `Abduh (Cairo, n.d.),
- Shams al-Din al-Sarakhsi, Kitab al-Mabsut (Beirut, 1986), 4:192.
- ibid. 3:63. This saying is attributed also to Ibn al-Muqaffa` (`Uyun
- Rasa'il al-Jahiz (Cairo, 1964), 1:196.
- `Uyun al-akhbar, 4:4.
- Abu `Amr al-Jahiz, al-Bayan wa al-tabyin, ed. `Abd al-Salam
Harun (Cairo, 1989), 2:244.
- Ibn `Abd Rabbih, al-`Iqd al-farid, ed. Muhammad Sa`id al-Aryan
(Cairo, n.d.), 7:96.
- ibid. 7:119, in the chapter "The Deceit and Unfaithfulness of
- ibid. 7:96.
- ibid. 7:106, in the chapter Sifat al-mar'a al-su' ("Characteristics
of an evil woman"!).
- ibid. 7:109.
- ibid. 7:110.
- Abbas Muhammad al-Aqqad, al-Mar'a fi al-Qur'an, p.88. The
writer does not tell us when and where that western writer expressed this call
to adopt polygamy.
- ibid. p.38.
- Qasim Amin, al-Mar'a al-jadida (Cairo, 1987), p.45. The most
important book written by Qasim Amin on the issue of women was Tahrir
al-mar'a (The Liberation of Women), which was published in 1891 in
- Qasim Amin, al-Mar'a al-jadida, p.54ff.
© Copyright by Light of Life · Villach · Austria
Write us: firstname.lastname@example.org